Thursday 12 June 2014

Rodeo! Polo!

I have wanted to go to Argentina to play polo for ages; no-one plays polo like the Argentinians and I haven't quite reconciled myself to always being completely rubbish.  For the avoidance of doubt, I am completely, completely rubbish.

I ever found myself in Argentina, however, I would definitely travel to Patagonia.  Patagonia is a wild and inaccessible corner populated by gauchos and, oddly, a Welsh-speaking Welsh colony.  

As a teaser, here's an astonishing photo from a Patagonian rodeo:


You can see the original here: http://feedly.com/e/NOui6WCw.

If that sparks any interest, look up Bruce Chatwin.  Everything he ever wrote was absolutely fantastic, but his most famous book is probably In Patagonia.  Thoroughly recommended.  

No comments:

Post a Comment