Monday 13 January 2014

Walking like John Wayne

I'm walking a little delicately this morning.  I think I started the rub on Saturday (riding) but noticed it and rubbed raw on Sunday.  I was very surprised to see a patch about half the size of my palm getting ready for CrossFit this morning...!

I should have time to work out anti-chafing solutions though because I just heard that my Derby saddle will be shipped to me in due course.  I am much more excited than I feel I can let on to anyone.  So, you know, totally cool.  It's just a saddle (!!!).

On a separate note, it's a beautiful day here in London.  I work in the City of London (the financial district) and on days like this you get to see the juxtaposition of old and new in the best light.

Guildhall (ceremonial & administrative centre of the City of London - in part medieval)

St Alban's was a church in Wood Street, in the City of London.  Of medieval origin, it was rebuilt in 1634, destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and rebuilt once again, this time to a Gothic design by Sir Christopher Wren.  It was severely damaged by bombing during the Second World War, and the ruins cleared, leaving only the tower.

It's just a shame that my iPhone struggles with light levels.  Hopefully I'll have a new camera soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment